Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cheap DIY Present

I LOVE homemade gifts! They're my favorite! When someone gives me something homemade, it makes my heart smile!
 
So, when our friends told us about their upcoming wedding anniversary, I knew exactly what I was going to give them! I actually made this the weekend we were invited (which was more than a month before the party)! 
 
I went to the local thrift store for most of my supplies:
~ Ugly frame/picture ($0.95)
~ 2 used spoons of different sizes ($0.10)
 
I really wish I would have found older, more vintage looking spoons, but for $0.05 each, I'm not complaining.
I already had some paint, stickers and a piece of scrapbook paper at home.
 
1.) After taking the glass and picture out of the frame, I gave it a light sanding. Then, painted it. It took about 3 coats before it was the way I wanted.
 
2.) Then I cut the paper to fit inside, put my stickers on and closed it up!
 
3.) Now, the spoon part was a bit tricky. I tried 2 different kinds of glue before one worked. I tried Super Glue and Gorilla Epoxy glue and neither of them worked....the spoons fell right off! I ended up using Liquid Nails.
 
And...the finished product! I love it (and so did they!)!! I have some younger friends that are going to be celebrating a wedding anniversary soon and I thought about making one with forks! You know, "Forking since...."!  Haha...I didn't think that would be appropriate for this couple though!

No comments:

Post a Comment