Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Footprint Reindeer Towels


Christmas time is my favorite time of year, especially with little ones! There are SO many crafts to do with them! I kept seeing these footprint reindeer on Pinterest and decided to give it a try! So, I wrangled up the nearest toddler and got to work!



I started with a couple towels and some brown acrylic paint. I later went to the store for   some felt, too.


The idea is pretty simple. I painted his foot, and then pressed it onto a piece of paper so the extra paint would come off there (and not on my towels). 

I hung them up and left them to dry over night, although it didn't take that long.

I was a little confused about what to use for the antlers, nose and mouth. I had thought about using paint, but bc he was going to give these as gifts, I wanted it to be extra cute! So I opted for felt. SO glad I did!! 

I just cut the felt to look like antlers, and cut circles for the eyes and nose.

I used plain ol' needle and thread to sew them on! I really like the contrasting colors on the antlers, but you can make yours match if you want!

These are the pieces of paper I used to put his foot on first. They were cute, so we decorated these too!

I just used glitter glue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment