Monday, December 2, 2013

Green Smoothies

Let's talk about green smoothies....SO GOOD! Around here, we both have one for breakfast every single day. If you've never had one, you're probably asking why....right?

Well, I'll tell you.
#1: They taste great!
#2: They're extremely good for you!
#3: They are ridiculously easy to make!

I like to make things easy. So, once a week we head out to the local farmer's market and pick up what we need. You can put anything in yours, but this is what I put in mine:
Bananas
Strawberries
Raspberries
Flax seeds
Spinach
Kale
Greek yogurt

I clean everything when I get home. Slice the bananas and strawberries and put on a cookie sheet along with the raspberries. Put them in the freezer until frozen. (I do this so that they don't freeze together in the sandwich bags.)

Then to a small freezer bag, I add: a handful of spinach and kale and some fruit. The amount you add depends on how big you want your smoothie.

In the morning I take the contents out of a bag, and put it in my nutribullet (if you don't have one, you are REALLY missing out!!!), add one small container of Greek yogurt, a little water and DONE! So good!

If you're not a spinach or kale person, don't worry. If you add strawberries to anything with spinach, you don't end up with a spinach taste!

If you are already drinking green smoothies, good for you! If you're not,  you should try it! You'll be so glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment