Saturday, December 7, 2013

Homemade Ornaments for the Kids!

 
If you have toddlers, these ornaments are for you!  Super easy, fast and cheap!  Both of them cost less than $5 each! 
 
 
I LOVE the dollar section at Target.  I found the snowflake stickers along with some jewel stickers (not pictured because we used them all and, like a bad blogger, I took the picture after we finished)!
 
The idea is pretty simple.  I used foam and jewel stickers, glitter glue (3 pack from my local dollar store) and felt Christmas tree garland (also from Target's dollar section).
 
 
 
 
 This is what the garland looked like out of the package.  There were 8 Christmas trees so I just cut the ribbon so that I would have enough to glue back on to make a hanging loop.
 
 
Once they were cut, we got busy using stickers and glitter glue.  I love the way these turned out!  They are going to be delivered to preschool teachers (along with some other fun gifts I'll share with you later).
 
 
 
 
 
 The next ornaments would make a fun "busy" project for the little ones.  We gathered some pine cones from the backyard, bought the pom-poms and ribbon (for $1 each) and used some glue and glitter that I had on hand from other projects.
 
 
PINE CONE HINT:  Put your pine cones in the oven on 200 for about 45 mins.  This kills any little critters that may be living on them.
 
Cut and tie your ribbon to the desired length and then let the little guys decorate!
 
 
We used Elmer's glue and the pom-poms stayed put!  We "painted" some glue on the tips with q-tips when he finished with the pom-poms, then sprinkled glitter.  The picture doesn't really do it justice. 
 
 
 Have fun and happy ornament making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment