In our house, we don't eat beef or pork. It's not a religous thing, we just don't. So, we have chicken....a LOT! I try to switch it up so we aren't repeating the same chicken dinners over and over.
I found this little gem of a recipe a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for the right time to try it out! It's AH-MAZING!!
Please try it and let me know what you think! It kind of reminds me of a mix between an awesome chicken salad and chicken pot pie (maybe that's not the best description, but believe me, it's good)!
This looks complicated, but it's not and SO worth the effort!
1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
2 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
1 bag of steam in-bag broccoli, cooked & chopped (About 1 1/2 Cups)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1tsp olive oil
1/3 cup mayo
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Add olive oil, bell pepper, onion and garlic to pan and saute until tender.
3. In another bowl, add chicken, broccoli, mayo and cheese together. When veggies are finished in pan, add them to this mixture also. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with Pam, lay out the crescent rolls (seperated in to 8 rolls)....big sides overlapping and small end of triangle pointing outward.
5. Pinch the middle of the crescent rolls all the way down the center to make one solid piece to spoon your mixture onto.
6. Fold cresent rolls over the filling, alternating from side to side. It's supposed to look like a braid. I found out this part is not important. Just overlap them as you wish!
7. Bake until golden brown (about 25 mins). Let it stand for 5 mins and it will cut beautifully into pieces!
Also, on a side note, I'd like to say THANK YOU! I've reached over 10,000 views! This blog is so much fun! I never imagined that I would meet (and genuinely like!) so many people! You guys are wonderful!!